Permits and Development
The Community Development Department is responsible for coordinating land and building development throughout the City. In partnership with other City departments, Community Development helps homeowners, business owners, and those in the development industry plan and execute development projects.
The following documents are provided to assist you as you move forward with your development project. We look forward to working with you, and hope that your experience developing property in the City of Castroville is a pleasant one.
Please visit the Permits and Development Documents page for forms.
Submit all permits to the following email:
- Accessory structures under 200 sq, ft.
- Cabinets, counter-tops, and similar finish work
- Construction of decks that are no more than 200 sq. ft. and does not exceed 30 in. above grade
- Non-structural interior remodeling, which does not add floor area
- Painting and papering
- Prefabricated pools, less than 24 in. deep and temporary pools, not connected to City's water or electric
- Replacement of plumbing and lighting fixtures
- Replacement of siding
- Replacement of windows and doors
- Retaining walls less than 4 ft. in height
- Roof repair with no structural change
- Swings and other playground equipment
- Tiling and carpeting @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>